The three questions I am asked most frequently- and the answers!
1. How do the girls get along? They are SISTERS- in every sense of the word. They love each other, they fight, they play together nicely, they argue in two different languages, they share, they snatch, they aggravate, they tattle, they plot against us... The first two weeks were wonderful- there was an immediate special bond that physiology couldn't create. They were knit together to be sisters. The second two weeks were horrible. Everyone had to adjust to sharing attention, sharing toys, changing routines, etc. The last week or so has been great. They play together, they recognize when they need some time apart. Everyone is settling into a routine.
2. Is Moli learning English? Yes, some. If you've learned a foreign language, you know that IT'S HARD.
So what is she saying these days?
Howahhyou? Jussee fine. - How are you? Just fine!
Twiiyanguuull- Triangle- and she can recognize one too!
Pleeesseee- Please
Banana-her favorite.
Gubyooooo- Love you (our favorite.)
She can communicate so much without talking. Today she had blood drawn as part of standard post-adoption protocol. She was amazing. Afterwards, we went to Walmart to get groceries. There is a McDonalds in the entrance. She pointed at it. I shook my head and said 'not today.' Which really meant 'not any day'- I can't stand McDonalds. She looked at McDonalds, looked at her booboo, and looked at me as if to say, "After what you just made me do." Yep, we ate at McDonalds.
3. Why don't I update my blog as much? Because you would consider it very boring. I think I'm the mom of the two most amazing kiddos in the world- but you probably don't want to hear about that every day. ;)
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We do want to hear about it - tell us more!!!
Love you guys!!
Karen
From the mom of two other amazing kiddos, I like to read updates and would never think they were boring because I can so relate! :-)
PLease don't stop...I have a 5 year old son and we are awaiting our LOA/TA for our 3 year old daughter in China. I have been following and learning from your adventure.
Keep it coming...I love to hear about your girls!
I just had to comment on McDonald's.
We were the same way. We would go ANYWHERE but McD's. UNTIL Lori and I experienced what I simply cannot describe at the Ronald McDonald House in Philadelphia and Newark. We have stayed several times when Amanda was having her VEPTR surgery. NOW, even though I cant say we love the food, we go to McDonald's.
I don't know....I'd like to hear about them more:-)
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the T-ball pictures!!! That Grace is one cute girl!
Post a Comment