My sweet Moli has just fallen asleep for her nap today and could really use your prayers.
Her English has exploded this week and we're getting full sentences.
We met Jamie for lunch today and we got stopped by the train (for a very long time.) Moli said "Go see Mama, Baba." (Hmmm. There's the train. Since we're here, let's just go see my foster parents.) I'm sure she remembers that day when we took the five hour train ride from Guilin, taking her away from her family and everything she'd ever known. It is certainly a day I'll never forget. She understood perfectly what was happening and she hated me for it. So many doubts crept into my mind. I, too, wondered why if we loved this child why were we ripping her away from everything she knew and loved? There were so many reasons, but I clung to one- we knew we were absolutely in the center of God's will.
So it was only logical that we could just get on a train and go see Mama and Baba. I tried to explain that we love Mama and Baba and that we will go see them again one day.
"Go see Mama and Baba. Mei Mei be right back." (I want to go see Mama and Baba. I promise to come back).
"Give Mama Baba hug."
"Give Mama Baba kiss."
I continued to try to explain that we love Mama and Baba and we will go see them again one day.
" GO SEE MAMA BABA!!! They crying!" At this point so am I. Mama and Baba were crying when we left so she thinks they are still crying. And I am sure that they are sometimes.
If you have a minute today, please say a prayer for Mama and Baba today. And for my sweet girl who misses them.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Praying hard for the sweet girl-I know that breaks your heart. I will continue praying for peace for everyone.
Angel
Tara, i am so sorry that Moli is having a hard time lately. I will be praying for her and her foster family. Julie
Tara,
I know it must be hard for Moli to understand. I am so blessed that Chloe has never had a bad day. She had different circumstances then Moli. She was in the SWI for two years, and then with foster parents for a year and they returned her to the SWI, and then she went to another foster family. She has been through a lot but seems to be so happy. We are getting ready for our post placement visit and it makes me nervous. I still read a lot on the internet about adoptions in China. It does break my heart to think we took these girls from all they knew. They had so little but we took it all away from them. I pray that one day they will be very thankful for us. We just wanted another little girl to love and cherish. We will take Chloe to Guilin one day but it will be years down the road. We ask her if she wants to visit but she says no. She doesn't want to go back.
I will be praying for Moli. I am writing down things that Chloe tells me about China so that I can share it with her one day. Have you talked to Moli about her life in China. They forget so fast.
Elizabeth
We are waiting for our now, nearly 4.5 year old daughter. She is in the care of a foster family, I am quite nervous about this aspect of the adoption. Your post captured exactly what we're now contemplating-- why are we doing this? But of course, we know why. Thank you for giving voice to these very important issues-- you are not only providing help and support for me, but I'm sure, people you've never met and will never hear from, but who draw courage from your blog.
Dear Anonymous,
I would love to talk with you about transition from foster care! It has gone amazingly well! Just email me at eastandwest@bellsouth.net
Post a Comment