Warner Brothers is releasing a new horror movie called Orphan. The original tagline was "it must be hard to love an adopted child as your own." Due to outrage by the adoptive community, they've changed the tagline. That. Is. Not. Enough.
The movie portrays adoption, particularly that of older children, as something to be feared.
It sounds like a really stupid movie, destined to flop. And it is now my personal mission to make sure that it does.
You can help-
1. Contact Warner Brothers asking them to pull the movie, or at least to change the title.
2. Contact your local theater asking them not to air the movie. Let them know that you will not be viewing ANY movies there while it is showing. (I see about one movie per year, but they don't know that.)
3. Grab your picket sign. I plan to grab mine. If this movie comes to a theater in this tri-county area, I WILL be picketing. (If you knew me in high school you know there's still an inner hippie lurking.)
There are 173 MILLION orphans worldwide. If this movie jeopardizes placement for just one, it's not worth it.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AMEN Tara! I will be joining in protesting this movie! I am going to call the local theater tomorrow to find out if the movie is coming here and if it is I plan to get all the people I know who will to help me protest. Adopting an older child is not a scary thing!
Post a Comment