The question I heard most frequently after telling folks I was pregnant was, "will you still homeschool?" Why wouldn't I? A new baby in the mix has added a certain level of complexity, but homeschooling's not for the faint of heart anyway.
I can also add that most homeschool families I know are bigger than my mere brood of three anyway, so there's always a baby in the mix!
Homeschooling these last few months has been fairly easy. I do think that will change when sweet Chloe Rose is mobile, but for now we plug along! We do math and science while she's sleeping peacefully in the swing. We cuddle up and read when she needs to be held or fed. Both of the bigs have adjusted beautifully the change in our homeschool structure.
We are studying American history this year, and there's no place I'd rather live for this study! We have taken field trips to the museum to enlist in the Patriot army! I must throw in here that Grace made me look like a stellar homeschool mommy on this field trip. She knew so much about the Revolutionary War... all of which she learned from the American Girl Felicity movie and not from me!
We have done other fun field trips like a marshland study and our monthly American Girl meetings. Chloe just hangs out with us... quite literally, in the sling or the Snuggli.

No comments:
Post a Comment