Sunday, February 24, 2008

Prayers for today

Thank you so much for your prayers to this point. They have been felt. We have had a wonderful trip thus far.

Please be praying for us today as I a anticipating this will be a very difficult day for everyone.

For those of you who don't know this, when we began this adoption journey we assumed we would be adopting a child from an orphanage. We found our daughter on a Special Needs list (she was born with a cleft lip and palate.) Due to her SN she has been in foster care for almost three years.

She has a wonderful doting, even spoiling foster family. So she is going to grieve and so are they. I can't imagine how they are feeling nor can I express our gratitude to the family who has cared for three years, traveled with her to receive her surgeries, and comforted her as she healed.

Please pray for her peace and pray that we will know how to comfort her. I am praying that having Grace here will give her a companion and help to ease her sorrow.

Please pray for a continued safe and smooth journey for us.

Xie Xie

Tara

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara,

I am so thinking about both your family and the foster family today. I know the moment you're waiting for is getting closer with every moment. Lulu is very worried about her MoLi right now. She just told me to tell you she blew twelve hundred kisses her way. She doesn't want MoLi to be scared. She remembers her feelings from then so well - at about 4 when she was looking at photos of gotcha day, I asked her what she thought of me then - and her response was, "you were like darkness."

I truly believe Grace's presense will ease the pain of the transition. I wish I would have had another child to help send the message to Lulu that I wasn't all darkness.

All the best,

Darlene and Lulu

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara,

I am so thinking about both your family and the foster family today. I know the moment you're waiting for is getting closer with every moment. Lulu is very worried about her MoLi right now. She just told me to tell you she blew twelve hundred kisses her way. She doesn't want MoLi to be scared. She remembers her feelings from then so well - at about 4 when she was looking at photos of gotcha day, I asked her what she thought of me then - and her response was, "you were like darkness."

I truly believe Grace's presense will ease the pain of the transition. I wish I would have had another child to help send the message to Lulu that I wasn't all darkness.

Know that then next few days will be probably be emotionally draining, but for every bit of grief she has, the more she will be able to love you.

All the best,

Darlene and Lulu

Anonymous said...

Praying praying praying!!!! Oh I can't wait for the first pictures of our Claire!!

On the way to church this morning Maddie said first she was going to teach Claire English and then she would work on her Spanish, poor Claire!!

Unknown said...

Love, Love, Love all the pictures! You guys look SO HAPPY! We are praying...love you guys! I told Colson that now Grace was a hero since she climbed the Great Wall:-) Hugs to Grace:-)

Mom to 2 Angels said...

Saying prayers for this transition. I, too, think that Grace will make it easier for Claire, even if it is just having someone else her size. I bet you hear them giggling together soon!

Anonymous said...

Praying for Claire, her foster family and for all of you - and praying that God will work in this to make the transition go smoothly

Sharon said...

Tara, we are praying for you all and waiting for those precious first photos!

Sharon

dsbss said...

Sydney has "oohed and aahed" over the blog pictures all day. Her dream is to adopt little girls from China too. We are praying for you constantly and look forward to the blog posts. XOXO The Dotson Family

Carmi said...

Praying for you all, especially today! I imagine by the time you are reading this that you already have Claire. I know today will be tough. God is in control and He knows exactly what He is doing.