Saturday, January 10, 2009

Let the (Upward) games begin!

 

 

 



Grace made the Upward cutoff by a whole day. So I'm mom to the tiniest, cutest (along with her tiny, cute friends) player ever. We were expecting a lot of comedy today, but my baby girl actually held her own! She guarded her man, which was SO cute. Upward arranges you by size and then places colored tags to mark your man so that you are guarding someone close to your size. Grace would look around, find the yellow, and say "Hey, we match! We stay together!" And then she would guard her man- offense or defense, she'd chase that poor girl around. (We need to work on that.)

The coach (Jamie) usually lets the three little girls inbound and dribble down court because they can't be guarded until half-court. Grace did a pretty good job! She probably doesn't have a chance of scoring a goal because it's just too high, but she's holding her own.

And they are ridiculously cute, if I do say so myself. And check out the bow- one of the team moms made matching bows for the little three. What they lack in skills, they make up for in style!

Upward is an awesome ministry. It brings in a lot of unsaved, unchurched families, and the gospel is presented during every game. It's so fun- the player enter through a tunnel with smoke and lights and music like they are the Chicago Bulls!

To quote my friend Christine, Basketball, Jesus, and chili cheese fries- it doesn't get any better than that!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Carmi said...

I will have to go look but I am almost positive that Karys got the same outfit that Moli has on in these pictures. She got so many clothes for Christmas she has not worn this yet! Grace looks adorable! I can just picture her chasing her man around the court!

Kathy said...

Grace is the cutest little basketball player I have ever seen! Love the bow!

Elizabeth, David, Katie, &Chloe said...

She is cute. The girls play for upwards to. We are at the school gym most of the day on Saturday's watching one cheer and the other play basketball. It is a great program.
Elizabeth