Monday, September 7, 2009

Homeschooling Update

 
 
 
 


Homeschooling is going quite well. Moli is working on phonics with Get Ready, Get Set, Go for the Code. We're working at a slow pace- about 15 minutes a day three times a week. Moli enjoys school but in small spurts. She also tags along with Grace for science and math when she chooses.

Grace is using a curriculum called My Father's Word. I like this program because of its Bible focus. This year we start with creation and work through the Bible. It is a strong science curriculum, which I like because science is not really my thing. We created a worm habitat the other day that didn't quite go as planned. (Especially for the worms, may they rest in peace.) Today we had better luck "making rain" with boiling water and a pan of ice. I was very excited when it actually rained. (And when nothing died.) That's always good.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Our family said...

I am an avid Gamecock fan so I could not allow myself to leave a comment on your Tiger post :) I am so excited that you're HSing and using My Father's World. This is our 2nd year using it w/ the older kids and my 1st using it for 5K. Are you using 1st grade w/ Grace b/c we haven't made rain or messed w/ any worms???
Jan

The Carters said...

Glad you're off to a good start. I would just stay away from all science experiements involving living creatures :)

Carmi said...

Oh my I am laughing at the science projects! Poor worms...:p