Saturday, September 5, 2009

Labor Day



So this is not what you were thinking. This topic I borrowed from my friend Chelsea, who borrowed it elsewhere.

How long were your labors?

Grace: 13 hours- although thanks to Nubain I wouldn't call it labor so much as that peaceful float through the clouds.

Moli: Hmmmmmm. After about 6 months of paperchasing, and 18 months of waiting, we received Moli's file. About 2.5 months later we traveled to pick her up.


How did you know you were in labor?

Grace: My water broke. (An aside- my water broke at 3 a.m. When I woke my very sleep-stupid husband and told him that my water had broken, his reply was... "I'll put the sheets in the washing machine." Because that was weighing heavily on my mind at the time.

Moli: We received Travel Approval to go to China to bring home Yang MoLi.

Where did you deliver?

Grace: the Medical University (I worked for the state at the time so I did everything through the med u. The cost for my prenatal care, labor, and delivery? $75.)

Moli: Moli was delivered to us in a hotel room in Nanning city, the provincial capital of Guangxi China.

Drugs?

Grace: The aforementioned float through the clouds. And then the epidural. I see no reason to experience pain in childbirth. You don't get a medal at the end for the most gruesome labor. You get a baby at the end either way. Some women have told me that I need to see what my body could do. I did see it- I just chose not to feel it.

Moli: Chocolate.

C-Section?

Grace: No.

Moli: Duh.

Who delivered? The Lord- both times.

Grace: I do vaguely recall someone interrupting the peaceful float through the clouds. I think I remember that she was a nurse and that the doctor was out of the room, and she had never delivered a baby by herself. Apparently she did ok. Or either I dreamed that in the clouds.

Moli: Moli truly was "delivered" by orphanage nannies. When we met her she was running around like a crazy woman, so much so that all the pictures are blurry.

3 comments:

Carmi said...

Even though I have never had to experience giving birth I am with you on that pain thing! Why do I "need" to do that??

Chelsea Gour said...

LOVED IT! I loved the chocolate part! And I so agree about the pain free child birth!

Anonymous said...

love that - what a great keepsake for your girls!