May 15, 2010 was a special day for our family. Grace was baptized into the body of Christ. Grace made a decision to follow Christ in March of 2009, but because she was so young we waited to have her baptized until she said she was ready. One day in Sunday School while studying the Ethiopian eunich she decided was ready and asked her daddy about baptism during their devotion time that night.
Not that anything could make this day more special, there were some significant details that I want to blog so I can remember-
1. Many of Grace's friends and family came that day. She had so much family support.
2. Grace was baptized in the dress I wore for baptism many years ago. This was her choice- she is such an old soul.
3. Grace was baptized by our dear friend Matt. We love all of our staff at CBC, but it was special to be baptized by Mr. Matt. Mr. Matt is our Upward director, and he and his sweet wife also serve in AWANA. These are two ministries God has used in Grace's young life to teach her much about the plan of salvation and what it means to follow Christ. Grace made her decision just before the Upward closing ceremonies in March of 2009.
4. I love that she was baptized at CBC. We truly love our church and church family. I was born, raised, saved, baptized, and married all in the same church in my hometown and it is very near and dear to my heart. Our family will go as the Lord leads but I would love to see Grace grow up and have the same experiences in this wonderful church.
Oh this sweet child of mine! Though we struggle daily with sass, strong will, and attitude we have certainly seen the Holy Spirit at work in Grace this year. She is developing a heart for others and a desire to follow God's will- most days anyway!

4 comments:
So excited for Grace!! Love that she wore your baptismal dress!
oh - how awesome!!! I love Grace's heart and what an incredible day this must have been for all of you!
so awesome and what a sweet post. she will treasure this one day. what a special girl
ps. how amazing that you mom saved this dress. that is soooooooooo special. my family never saved anything so now i save everything.
Post a Comment