One thing Jamie and I have tried to do fairly consistently since Moli came home from China is spend time with them one on one, so from time to time we swap girls and "date" them. We wanted to get in one last date this weekend, before we are outnumbered! On Saturday my mom treated us to pretty feet! I took Moli to get our nails done. She was in heaven! She is SUCH a girl- her mani/pedi took about 5 minutes, while mine took an hour but she sat silently just enjoying the experience.
Grace got to spend the day with Daddy. What did she choose to do? Wash my van! Really! Daddy was going to take it to the carwash but she insisted on handwashing it, so that's what they did while we got pampered. Strange child!
Today I took Grace out for a brief date. I surprised her by taking her to do the bungee bounce in the mall. She LOVED it! Are my girls different, or what? Next we splurged on some yummy ice cream!
I am so ready for this baby to come, and yet I am thankful for each day that I have gotten to spend with my big girls before life as we know it changes! I love them so much, and they have been so amazing throughout this pregnancy.
I remember the day I told Grace that I couldn't pick her up anymore because she weighed 40 pounds and that was too much for a pregnant lady. She cried big, sincere tears. From that day on, she dried it up and has cautiously reminded mommy not to lift too much. It seems she has grown up so much during this pregnancy. There are some days when I get up to find that she has already made breakfast for Moli and herself.
The girls have understood when mommy has been too hot or tired for something, and in turn, I have tried to give them as busy, fun-filled summer as I possibly could. I am so thankful He chose me to be their mommy, and I can't wait to meet #3!

1 comment:
awe, this made me teary-eyed. your "big" girls growing up. so sweet.
also, where did you get those adorable black sandals????
Post a Comment