Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fun facts I was too tired to write about yesterday...

1. We are traveling alone. Usually there are multiple families with the same agency traveling together. Because we are the first to travel after the Chinese New Year, we are the first CWA China family of the year.
2. Forget Southern hospitality, the people here are so nice. Especially to Grace. Fair-skinned, blue eyed children are like little celebrities. And you know Grace, she loves every minute of it!
3. The strangest thing that happened yesterday- we were eating last night at a delicious authentic Chinese restaurant. The music changed over and a Stephen Curtis Chapman CD began to play- it played the entire time we were in the restaurant- not exactly what I thought I'd be listening to in China!!! That's what I mean by our celebrity status- there is the assumption that all US adopting parents must loved SCC, so that is what played throughout the restaurant! For those of you who don't know, Stephen Curtis Chapman has three beautiful girls from China, provides financial assistance to adoptive families, and uses his music to educate others about the plight of orphans around the world.
4. I can't say enough good things about our agency, our guide, and how this trip is organized. I asked our sweet guide Candy a question about Peking Duck yesterday. Her reply? "I arrange. We eat that tomorrow." I commented later that our favorite dish last night was the pork dish. Her reply? "I arrange. We get more tomorrow." And all of this is covered in our travel fees. She literally checked us into our hotel, ordered our dinner, and it was waiting for us when we got to the restaurant. In just a couple of hours she will pick us up, escort us around for sightseeing, and tomorrow she will take us to the airport for our trip to Nanning. She is too sweet. Check out our agency at http://www.cwa.org/. They truly are the best!

6 comments:

Franklin Duncan said...

Keep writing, we are all hanging on every word! Glad to hear that your trip has started out so good, told you it would :). Guess what? My Upward team won again today. Tell the little rock star that her Uncle said Hi.

Love
Frank, Beth, Mia & Ty

Unknown said...

That is too funny about SCC music. I wonder if he knows they do that sort of stuff? Wow...I have looked at the clock and thought about you guys all day long. Bummer that while we're awake, your mostly seeing the backs of your eyelids. Hope you all have a blast touring and man oh man we can hardly wait to hear all about Monday! You're gonna be a new momma AGAIN!!

Anonymous said...

OK where are the pictures????  If you don't post some soon you can never give me a hard time again:) Watch Grace closely. I can't tell you how many times we "lost" my brother in South America only to find the cute little blond blue eyed boy being checked out by the local women in some store.  They adored him!!

Carmi said...

So True about CWA! I have read so many other stories about trips to China and not every agency takes care of its clients as well as CWA does!

Mak said...

How much longer until Claire?????????????

Anonymous said...

So proud of Grace - she is going to be a great big sis!! Can't wait to hear the rest -

Love -

Karen