Things continue to be wonderful here. She is an absolutely precious child! She is so pleasant and fun, though a bit naughty. She's very LOUD- I have to remind myself that she's never stayed in a hotel or eaten in a fancy restaurant before. We cause a scene every where we go! Today at breakfast she had had enough of her dumpling so she just chunked it across the table and hit Brent square in the head. She's a great shot! Can you say softball scholarship???
Some more fun facts about Claire-
1. She slept through the night last night.
2. She was a bit confused when she woke up but looked at Grace and grinned.
3. She LOVES play dough. We've spent a fair amount of time picking it up out of the carpet.
4. Her speech is surprisingly good. She has mimicked a lot of what Grace says- this morning they threw toilet paper all over the room and yelled "surprise!"
5. She loves to have her hair done.
6. She loves a bath and has climbed in the tub about 20 times. Our bathroom door doesn't lock so she bolted into the bathroom while Jamie was in the shower and was about to hop in.
7. She loves pockets- I can't tell if she is fascinated by them or if she's doing some hoarding which is not unusual in kids from the orphanage. She shoves EVERYTHING in her pockets- including the aforementioned play dough... great!
She's a little less wild than yesterday but still a bit of a Tasmanian Devil leaving a trail everywhere she goes.
Grace is becoming a great big sister. Uncle Brent taught her to say "no no" when Claire hits instead of hitting back. So other than mothering the poor child to death she's doing great.
We register our adoption in just a few minutes. I'll post pics after.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations on your new daughter. My name is Kim Smith and my friend, Jan Bryant told me of your journey. We are praying to be DTC soon for our 3 year old daughter in Hefei. We will keep your family in our prayers. I can't wait to read about the rest if your journey!
I'm waiting...for the pictures! :-) OK, I'll check back before I finally get to bed. Maybe they will be here.
Post a Comment