Today is our LAST DAY in Guangzhou! We are going to the park and then we are sworn in later this afternoon. Then we come back to pack!
While Jamie and the girls are sleeping I'll fill you in on life when we get home.
First, some of you have expressed interest in meeting us at the airport. We arrive at 11:58 Th night - we are flying in from Dulles (Washington DC) on American Airlines.
Others of you won't be able to make it due to the time- no worries! We'll catch up with you later!
A few things about the airport-
1. Moli won't be going from person to person. I know you all are anxious to hug and kiss on her, but she's just not ready for that. Just wave and smile and cheer and she will know that you love her and are glad that she's home.
2. Don't touch her blue backpack!!! And don't let your children touch her blue backpack!!! Everything she owns fits in that one small bag and she's very protective of it. Wouldn't you be?
Once we are home, the Jacksons will lay low for a while. Jamie will take another week off and I won't return to work until August. This is bittersweet as I had the best little class of 4 year olds ever! But I get to do my favorite job- be mom to these two beautiful girls!
We will be spending most of our time at home. Right now Moli thinks this new life she has heard about consists of hotel room after hotel room, planes, trains, restaurants, etc. We need to get home and stay home so she can make sense of things. We'll lay low for about a month or so and then SLOWLY transistion back into life.
Don't hesitate to call or come by- we would love to hear from you. We just won't be out and about for a while.
We'll try to get Grace's life back to normal as soon as we can- school, tball, birthday parties, etc. I know she's ready to get back in her routine. As am I!
Please keep the prayers coming!!! We have the world's longest day ahead of us tomorrow. Our journey home is almost 30 hours. We fly from Guangzhou to Hong Kong to LA to DC to Charleston. Our trip here seemed unending and it was only 18 hours and we only had one kiddo.
Please keep praying for Moli. She is doing wonderful but I know more sadness will come. She is so brave. She is an amazingly strong girl- God has big plans for her.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
God DOES have BIG plans for MoLi and it will be a blessing to watch her grow into the woman He has made her to be! See you soon Jackson family of four!! You'd think it was Christmas coming I'm so excited about Thursday--Third Day concert and then your homecoming...what fun!
WOW - what a schedule coming home....how much time do you have at LAX? If you get stuck or have time - call my cell phone...I'll bring the ice cream!
I am going to miss my daily "China fix" when you all get home. I have loved following your trip! Praying for safe travels home and that the trip is not as hard as it looks like from that end. Hopefully the LA airport will be better for immigrations and security checks that Chicago was for us. We almost missed our plane!
Post a Comment