We're cutting the cable out for many reasons...
- We don't watch it.
- We can put the $80 elsewhere. (I know you are thinking that's a lot for cable...but when we do something, we go all out.)
- I used to teach this really amazing kid in Sunday School named Quenby Keisler (how can you NOT be cool with a name like Quenby Keisler?)who painted, danced- she is just a cool kid. I always thought she was so cool because her family had NEVER had cable.
So the box came today that will allow us to get regular channels. We've been preparing Grace for the fact that we won't have Noggin. She's really going to miss that channel. Today when the box came via UPS, Grace began to cry "That's the evil box that's going to take away all my kids shows." Poor kid. But she's going to be cool like Quenby Keisler.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Evil box! So funny! We've been debating the same thing. Haven't had the guts to do it yet, but we have already scaled back to basic channels, so maybe that will make it easier. Good luck, hope Grace likes to paint and dance!
I'm SO with you on getting rid of cable. My husband, on the other hand, is not. Not that he watches a whole lot but he "might miss something" and what would Bailey do without the Duggars and Sydney, Jon and Kate? Me, I love my computer, all my friends are in it!
HI, Tara,
We are a no cable family. You're going to love it! And it IS so much cheaper.
Now we probably need to do something about our family's internet overuse, but a person can only go so far you know!
Do you get PBS? We love that! Does that make us weird?
Barbra
i hope Grace's Noggin detox goes ok. i do admire you and look forward to see more cool things from your already really cool kids!
I would probably be OK if we got rid of TV totally. The only thing I watch with any regularity is weather channel! I think you can get a lot of stuff on-line now too. Maybe you can find Noggin there?
you are cool - she will be cool, with or without cable - i think coolness may be genetic
Post a Comment