Saturday, June 21, 2008

4 Months Ago...

Was it really just four months ago that I was scrambling to prepare for a trip halfway around the world that would make me a mom again? Most people say that the time flies by. Not for me. I can hardly remember life without Moli. I also can't believe how in this short amount of time she has transitioned into our family so beautifully.

Moli,

I love you. I love that you are nothing I imagined and everything I never knew I needed all at the same time. I could have never dreamed you to be the wonderfully brave, silly, sweet, spunky, beautiful, funny girl that you are.

I love that from the moment we met you that you refused your American name, as if to say "This is me. I am Moli. I won't be something I'm not."

I love the way you watch your sister, the way you study every intimate detail of her actions and replicate them perfectly. This helped you survive this crazy world we threw you into.

I love the way your face lights up when you burst into our room and first see your Daddy's face in the morning. Even though it is early. Really, really early.

I love it when you grab my hand and lead me into a room. I love it when you hug me and when you kiss me. You made me work for that affection, and I treasure it.

I love to hear you pray "God our Father" before every meal.

I love the expression on your face when you pretend that you are sleeping so I will leave your room at night so you can get up and play. I bet you didn't know that I know you do that.

What do I love most? I love the way every banana, popsicle, PopTart, new dress, trip to the beach, Churro from Costco, and peanut is just as exciting as the first.

You bring a new joy to every experience. Thank you for being our joy.

I love you sweet girl.

No comments: