Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Greetings from Seussville!

Jamie had a business trip in Orlando this week so we tagged along. We spent Sunday and Monday at Universal Studios/ Islands of Adventure. We're having a great time. I of A has a great kiddy land called Seussville where all of the rides are patterned after Dr. Seuss books. It's so cool! We love The Cat in the Hat ride. It rained yesterday so we just rode it over and over until the rain stopped- (it's an indoor ride.) We got the girls Thing One and Thing Two shirts so they are quite the sight.

Moli is a little maniac. She is determined she is going to ride The Hulk. She's not- she's not even close to tall enough. But she points to it several times a day and makes a loop with her finger. After every ride, she says "one more again!"

The weather has been great- it's very overcast. Surprisingly it seems cooler here than it did at home. It's also very uncrowded. I don't know if gas prices have hurt them or what, but we've hardly waited in line at all! That's nice because to ride "big rides" Jamie and I have to switch off the girls.

Another highlight yesterday was meeting Spiderman, who was quite enamored with Grace. He was running throught the streeets to fight crime, caught her out of the corner of his eye, turned back, patted her on the head and said "hello, sweetheart." She was QUITE full of herself from then on!

Today is another exciting day. If you followed my blog during our China trip, you know we had the very special opportunity to meet another CWA family's daughter. We got to give her a package from them, take pictures of her, and got a little video of her that gave a little insight into her sweet personality.

Tonight we get to meet this family at Downtown Disney. I am very excited. They are waiting on their last bit of paperwork and will travel soon to bring her home!

Another day this week we get to meet another CWA family who has two boys from Guatemala. The mom and I are in a cyber Bible study together. It's so fun to meet my web-board pals. There's a neat bond between women who pray one another's children home.

Well, the girls are anxious to get to the pool. They've dressed themselves and have their floaties around their ankles- I'm thinking that might not be the safest place for them to be...

I'll try to post pics of Things One and Two tomorrow.

2 comments:

tricia said...

Can't wait to see pics of Thing One and Thing Two!!! We live about 3 hours south of Orlando. Also, I don't know if you remember but we are moving to your area in 3 weeks. Maybe we'll run into each other sometime. :) Have a fun vacation. By the way...The Hulk is SO SCARY!~Tricia

Kim said...

Oh I am so jealous! I would LOVE to visit Universal! And to be there when it wasn't crowded! I hope you all have a wonderful time! Can't wait to see more pictures! Kim
catecomeshome.blogspot.com